Monday, July 27, 2015

Stop Motion Animation with PicPac








A Review:
For about a week I have been playing with PicPac. PicPac is a stopmotion animation and timelapse application for andriod phones. At first I was kind of frustrated with it because I didn't read directions or watch tutorials.( I mean part of the fun is discovering things on your own) But once I understood how everything basically worked I loved it. It is over all a simple app to use. I feel this would be a great app for those creative kids with lots of energy and imagination. (Or for those Adults like me who at times is just a big kid :P).

How it works:
You take several pictures or you can even take a video and upload it into the app. If you want anything special done to the pictures like a filter or changing brightness you will need to do that before up loading it into the app. I found around 100 photos at 1/2 speed gives you about 1 min video.

What you can do:
The app allows you to upload pictures and videos, rearrange the sequence of the pictures, add music, add voice overs, and share to various social media like Facebook and Youtube.

My Projects:
I haven't played with the timelapse feature in PicPac but I have hours of fum with the stop motion. I created two projects using legos and my Galaxay Note 4. The first project is rough. But the second project I feel has improved greatly. But I will let you guys be the judge.








Don't forget to be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment